Through Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP), UMMC is working towards responsible use of resources, sourcing safer and more earth friendly products, as well as reduction in overall waste. UMMC has implemented a number of programs and strategies to achieve these goals.
- Implementation of Green Cleaning Policy
- Purchasing reprocessed medical devices
- Integration of sustainability principles into product value analysis process
- Reusable tote program (eliminated need for excess packaging)
- Participating in Practice Green Health's Initiative: Greening the Supply Chain