Career Advancement Opportunities
UMMC employees are supported with their development through our Pathways to Success Program which focuses on removing academic barriers. Through assessment-guided enrichment programs (College Prep), workers are afforded the opportunity to prepare for college enrollment. Participants in our college prep program are given a strong foundation to help them cope with the rigors of college, thereby avoiding the pitfalls of the remedial vacuum to which many students succumb.
Deficits in computer skills are also addressed. As many employees attempt to navigate their career paths, lack of computer skills can be a limiting factor. Our basic computer and Microsoft Office training addresses these skill gaps. Pulling this all together is career coaching, a vital component of the development process.
- Rising Star focuses on enhancing entry-level employee engagement, improving job readiness skills, reducing turnover and increasing productivity through training, mentoring and coaching.
- Bring Your "A" Game to Work is a progress that stresses the importance of attitude, appearance, attendance, ambition, accountability, acceptance and appreciation. These are the core values that address the work ethic gap that can be a hindrance to employment and retention.
- Career Coaching is probably the most important component of the program. New hires and incumbents are assisted in the areas of professionalism, employer expectations and overall competencies.
For more information about the above programs, contact Maxine Rush at 410-328-3047 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pathways to Success encompasses a comprehensive review of basic adult education (GED) and college prep (ACCUPLACER) classes. The goal is to prepare individuals for the workplace and higher education by removing barriers.
- Microsoft Training is technology-focused skills enhancement where clients are trained in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet research to equip them with the computer skills required in today's workplace.
- Financial Literacy provides a comprehensive program for individuals to build and understanding of key concepts. There are many features that help make the curriculum engaging, motivating and easy to use.